Friday, February 27, 2015

Question: "I always wanted to be an actor ..."

Hi and welcome to my acting questions blog.

This week I got an email from Ali, 16, who lives in Denmark and writes:

"I always wanted to be an actor since I was like 12-13. I'm now 16 and want to start at like 18 or something. So my question is do you know where to start?"


Hi Ali. First, I might ask you a question - why do you want to wait 2 years to get started? There are things you can do now to get started. But if circumstances are such that you need to wait, then now is a good time to start doing research. I Googled acting schools in Denmark and found several that you might want to check out. 


You could also get together with a few friends and do play readings. Even professional actors do play readings here in Los Angeles - it opens you up to new plays, it gives you a chance to work on different types of characters, and it's a fun way to get together with other actors.

Also, I have a couple of posts on this blog about getting started in acting and I've put the links below. You might want to read these for ideas on how you can start an acting career. Most of the things I write about can be used no matter where you live, or what age you are.

Thanks for your question and the best of luck in your career, Ali.


Acting Questions Blog: Starting out as an actor


Acting Questions Blog: How do I get started on a career in acting?


And if you want to know about auditioning, may I humbly recommend my ebook, "The Actor's Guide To Auditioning."





The Actors Guide to Auditioning



       Cheers,

   Michael 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share a question or comment.