Thursday, September 14, 2017

Well, it's been a while since my last post. Aside from a few auditions, and a nice role in the feature film, "Desolate," the acting side has been slow. There are usually slow periods in every actor's life and we need to find ways to be creative during those times.

I'm leading the funeral procession, as Pastor Mackentire, in "Desolate."

One of the main things I do is write: short stories, songs, sketches, and now a sci-fi fantasy novel. It's all about keeping the creative energy flowing. We are living in a time where we can shoot a short film or sketch on our phones and post it online. Or use a little bit better equipment and maybe make an ultra-low budget feature film.

Another project I'm working on is a podcast. Found a young woman who's going to be my co-host and we're going to do a funny podcast about life and love and all that crazy stuff. Will it be a hit? We'll see. I did a vlog with someone a few years ago and, to be honest, it wasn't great. But that's okay. I had fun, I learned a lot about doing that kind of project, and it fed my need to create. Not everything we do will be brilliant and loved by millions, but we learn and grow by taking chances and just doing something!

If you've got a project you've done that's online - let me know. I'll take a look, subscribe, or even promote it here.

I'll try and get back here more often, but in the meantime, if you haven't checked out the archives, there's plenty of good stuff in there in response to questions I've been asked.

 Cheers, 


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share a question or comment.