Thursday, January 1, 2015

Actor resolutions for the new year

Happy New Year! 

While I'm not big fan of making a bunch of resolutions, sometimes it does help to list a few goals. Of course we could do this at anytime. We can make a list of things in March that we want to accomplish in April. But since it's traditional to do the list thing at the beginning of a new year, let's take a look at some things that might go on our "actor" list.

Getting into a good class is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. There are so many benefits to doing this - learning and growing as an actor of course, but also making friends and contacts, as well the chance to explore other areas of show biz like writing, directing, and producing.

I've been away from a good improv group for awhile, so I think I'm going to look around for a new one to join so I can keep those vital skills sharp.

And new headshots! If you don't have them, it's time to research photographers, find one you like, and get some shots. Mine are a few years old, so I may get some new ones this year. (PS - if you're in Los Angeles and need a photographer, I know a good guy to go to - he's both talented and actor friendly - email me for contact info. And no, I don't get a kickback for recommending him!)

And even though there many other things that could go on our list, I'll add one more important one - Acting! Let's all strive to do more work this year. Doesn't matter if it's in a feature, a short student film, or a play at a small theatre. Maybe sing or do standup comedy at an open mic, or make our own YouTube video sketch.

We're all endowed with the ability to be creative, so let's embrace the new year and show the world why we call ourselves "performers."

Cheers,


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share a question or comment.